A Rare Glimpse

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

I can feel the excitement in the air. Today (or yesterday- Tuesday) was the second last week of Running and Reading Club (an after-school program through KidsFest Canada that I volunteer at) before all the kids do a 5K run in T.O.! They all got their brand-spanking new Brooks running shoes, every single kid! It's been such a joy working with my Gr. 5/6 group. I've seen them develop and progress in their fitness level and their reading. I can't wait to see them at the finish line at the end of the 5K!

The program and the kids have inspired me...to be more active, that is. :) I've always loved reading, so that's not an issue for me, hehe. It's all the fitness circuits and running that makes me want to run too! I think I might try to join some sort of local sports club...maybe ultimate frisbee? Anyone want to join me?